Monday, January 27, 2020

Passing Time

Passing Time

Drawing. I've been drawing for as long as I can remember. When I was younger however, it might have just been for fun, but now as I grow older it has become more of a stress reliever to me. I don't know what it is about drawing that is so relaxing to me. Maybe it's the feeling of creating something entirely new? Or maybe it's the escape of reality that makes it so great. The ability to create my own little world on a single piece of paper. No responsibilities, no stress, no anxiety. On a weekend, I'll wake up from my sleep. The bright morning sun illuminating my room. Almost immediately, I'll pull out a blank sheet of paper and set it down on my desk. I'll grab a pencil and start to draw. The soft sound of the lead marking my paper is like music to my ears. Then, I'll keep drawing. Drawing, drawing, drawing. I'll have finished the artwork and move on to the next, but I hear my mom calling me downstairs to eat. I check the time and it's nearly twelve o'clock. Hours have passed by me and I haven't even realized. I reluctantly put the pencil down and head down the stairs, waiting until I can create something new once more.



Image result for someone drawing someone"

No comments:

Post a Comment